You can say waffles are an upgraded version of the pancakes, crispy and crunchy on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside. with deep pockets where butter and syrup are captured, waffles rock as a weekend or mid week treat. There is nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle, which ever toppings you decide to add.
In this review, we are going to take a look at a waffle maker which has a different design to most regular ones, but will still bake a perfect round waffle which can be cut into four pieces.
There are several waffle makers available in the market but what caught the eye of many mothers and all those who cook is the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker. Cuisinart is a renowned kitchen appliance manufacturer who has come up with a state of the art waffle maker. What we look for in our kitchen appliances is it to be compact, precise, easy to clean and easy to store. The Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker stands up to all the expectations and is must-have equipment for all the waffle lovers. We are going to present a review on Cuisinart waffle maker and based on that, you can make a choice on what to look for in a compatible waffle maker. Let’s start with the features.
Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker Features:
• What makes Cuisinart waffle maker unique from others is its visually appealing design and stainless steel body which makes it highly durable in all aspects.
• It sports a large non-stick baking plate make from aluminum to bake symmetrically precise waffles.
• An indicator is installed to acknowledge the user about its processes. That is, a red light signals that the appliance is switched on and the green light signals that the appliance is hot enough to put the batter. Along with the green light, a beep sound ensures that the device is ready to use.
• It is installed with a temperature controller up to five shade levels to control the browning. You can make it crispy and crunchy by switching the right temperature.
• Bisphenol A or BPA is an industrial chemical that is used in many food containers and other storage containers. For health reasons, it is recommended that food must not come in contact with BPA. Cuisinart Waffle Maker is composed of a BPA-free material which ensures that your food will not come in contact with BPA.
Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker Review:
Unlike other waffle makers which lay flat on the countertop, Cuisinart Waffle Maker is designed a bit different. For using the appliance, you have to put it in a vertical position and at the top of it; there is a slot where you can pour the batter in. It is slightly different from the traditional waffle makers. The reason why it is given a vertical position is that most of the users complain about their waffle maker using a lot of countertop space. But with Cuisinart Waffle Maker, you will not be required to worry about the space situation even if you have a small countertop. You can use Cuisinart Waffle Maker along with your coffee maker and plates placed on the same counter there will be still space left for your big bowl of waffle batter.
Due to its vertical design, it ensures that the batter put inside the waffle maker is symmetrically reached out to all the corners of its baking plate. You can expect the waffle baked to be uniform and filled with deep dimples. Also, breaking it into equal quarters similar to the Belgian Waffles is easy.
The best part where this waffle maker stands tall is its ability to control temperature. We all crave for a well-baked waffle luring us with its crispiness. With Cuisinart Waffle Maker you can bake your waffle to its right crispness as it allows five different temperature shades for that.
Moreover, the functionality of every waffle maker is same that is to bake waffles. However, like all other waffle makers, the Vertical Waffle Maker gets literally hot and is not easy to clean as well. On the other hand, the biggest flaw is its design because, despite its dynamic look, the user won’t be able to peek inside the maker to ensure about batter coverage, that is; is it full or not. This is because the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker provides a small hole for pouring the waffle batter which is not like the traditional ones, it will take a little practice at first to gauge the amount to pour into it.
Is it worth buying?
It is an ideal waffle maker for those who possess less countertop space, but herein are some of the Pros and Cons which you might consider before you buy it.
• Excellent temperature controlling mechanism for different textures of crispiness.
• Unlike other waffle makers, it is the least messy one.
• Its vertical design attracts the most as there is no other waffle maker similar to it.
• It can be cleaned easily once it has cooled down.
• Signal lights and an audible beep sound will tell when to start and stop.
• You cannot remove the waffle plates for cleaning.
• No provision for switch ON/Off, you probably have to pull out the plug.
• No timer.
Most customers at Amazon.com have given the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker a 5 star rating, the vertical design is perfect for a small kitchen, and it makes perfect waffles every time without sticking, the only negative being, is that a couple of customers have commented that it can be a little messy when adding the batter into the hole.
In conclusion, it is a must to have kitchen appliance for those who have limited space on the counter top, the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker saves on space, while also looking quite stylish with it’s unique design. It does a great job of making delicious waffles quickly and easily ready for you to add hour favourite toppings to enjoy a great breakfast.
The Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker is available at Amazon.com at the moment with a discount of 54% on the regular price bringing the cost down to just $50.41 with free shipping.