With a right waffle maker, there is no need of going to a restaurant to nibble at your favourite mouth-watering waffles. In years gone, there weren’t many options of premium-grade waffle makers. However, you can easily purchase a high quality waffle maker at a very affordable price. There are options for just about every budget and taste. In order to choose the right waffle maker, it’s important to understand the different types of waffle makers that are on the market.
This article is dedicated to educating you about the different types of waffle makers as well as their advantages and disadvantages. After you finish reading this article, you will know the kind of waffle maker that best fits your needs and budget. Continue reading to learn more.
1. Classic Round Waffle Maker
The Classic Round Waffle Maker is among the most popular waffle maker types in the market today. Waffles made using this type of waffle maker are generally thin and crispy which is because of the small footprint and streamlined design of the device. Majority of these waffle makers are powered by electricity and must be plugged into mains power supply for them to be used. They come in many different models and makes, which is why you need to choose the best one that suits your needs.
• They offer a relatively easier way of making waffles
• Waffles made by this type of waffle maker cook very evenly
• These waffle makers are affordable
• They are the best for making crispy waffles
• They won’t appeal to you if you do not like crispy waffles
• Are powered by electricity and therefore cannot work in the absence of electrical power. You cannot take them to a campsite, for example.
Bottom line This waffle maker type appeals more to people who want crispier waffles. If you want to wake up to freshly cooked waffles straight from the kitchen, you would do a lot with these waffle makers.
Featuring a classic design, this type of waffle maker can be used just about anywhere provided there is some heat. They work by being sat on top of a burner and then distribute the heat evenly across the waffle. This is not only great for home use, but also can be used for camping activities or where you cannot access electricity.
• They give the waffle iron a different texture and taste
• Suitable for outdoorsmen who want to bring their waffle irons to camping trips or for those who like baking waffles on a hotplate or over an open fire.
• Some users have complained that several older models do not have non-stick surfaces. This makes them especially hard to clean should batter dry on it. However, this is a problem that can easily be fixed by having the waffle iron sprayed with non-stick coating prior to every use.
• Many people have also complained that using the stovetop waffle iron type makes it very easy to burn waffles. Since you are holding the waffle maker directly over the source of heat, it can be hard to estimate the amount of heat that the waffle actually receives. In the same way, it’s quite easy to under cook your waffles when you use the stovetop type of waffle irons.
Are you a camper or an outdoor specialist? If so this waffle maker was invented just for people like you. You want to prepare your waffle outdoor? Fine. It does not require being connected to any power source, which is really its greatest selling point.
Simply put, Belgian waffles are in actual sense just thicker waffles, but some of them tend to have quite larger indentations. The market is awash with some square waffle irons that are very affordable. They work similarly to the round waffle makers but the only difference is that they make waffles that are thicker.
• The main advantage of square Belgian waffle maker is that there are many inexpensive varieties of them. This has made them quite popular with people who like square and thicker waffles.
• They cook waffles slowly, and so if you are not patient enough, you run the risk of ending up with under cooked waffles.
There is no better way to start your day than a serving of great tasting waffles. Just load on the eggs, toast and bacon alongside your waffles. Belgian waffle makers are generally easy to clean since they have a nonstick coating.
These are pretty much the same as square Belgian waffle makers and the only real difference is the shape. They tend to be more popular than their square counterparts. Belgian waffle irons may either be regular or flip-style but the flip-style appears to be more efficient with regard to even baking. Thanks to the flip design, the batter can freely flow into all parts of the waffle mould. This leads to baking of a much better waffle than what you would get with a non-flip style waffle iron.
• Both the round and square Belgian waffle makers feature a non-stick coating that is oil-brushed occasionally to remove baked waffles easily and also keep the coating genuinely nonstick.
• The remaining parts of the waffle iron can just be wiped. This makes cleanup very quick.
• There is a bit of learning in order to make waffles with this type of device but with some practice, you will learn to make flawless waffles with the right quantity of batter, while at the same time minimising batter run-off.
Flip-style round Belgian waffle makers make for very nice waffles. This is because they distribute heat well resulting in waffles that are much better cooked. It requires some learning to master but the time and patience will pay off!
A breakfast buffet can never be complete without nicely cooked waffles. While it’s simple enough to operate a waffle maker, choosing one isn’t half as easy. To choose one that meets your taste preferences and budget, you need to understand the different types of waffle makers. The above are the 4 main types of waffle makers currently available in the market. You now know the one that meets your taste preferences!
Check out a variety of different waffle makers at Amazon.com, including the Cuisinart-WAF-F20-Double-Belgian-Waffle-Maker, which has very positive customer feedback, and is available for a very reasonable price of just $79.99 with free shipping.