Selecting a good waffle maker can be a challenge especially given the numerous brands and models of these appliances available in the market today. Of course, there are many considerations to be made as you select your waffle maker: you want something that is not only affordable but has great features to make your waffle-making experience fun and easy.
With this in mind let us give some highlights and comparison of two of the leading Belgian waffle makers and wind up with what we consider to be the best between the two.
This is one of the leading waffle makers at Amazon.com at the moment. This waffle maker includes some great features which will help you make delicious waffles quickly and conveniently . With this unique appliance, you can get fantastic results with the rotate and cook system which distributes the batter evenly over the grid plates.
It’s classic rotate and cook system makes for creating a great taste and awesome texture; nothing short from what one would expect from a Belgian Waffle maker with a flip design. Bear in mind that the nonstick waffle plates perform another fantastic function; thanks to the extra deep grids on these plates you get enough room on your waffles for all your delicious toppings. To keep the heat at a safe distance, especially when rotating and opening the plates, the BLACK+DECKER WMD200B Double Flip Waffle Maker is equipped with cool touch handles. Another features you will like, is the drip tray which ensures you can keep the counter tops clean, by catching any drips.
This product, also available at Amazon.com is not just a waffle maker but rather is an appliance versatile enough to allow you to make pancakes as well. This means your breakfast is not restricted just to waffles only; you can easily prepare a variety of pastries with this waffle maker. It includes a 4-slot pancake plate and a set of 4-slice waffle plates which is ideal for making both pancakes and waffles.
The Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker has quite a number of endearing features. For one its plates are nonstick plate which is easy to remove the waffles without having to scrape anything off, and they are also very easy to clean by wiping with a cloth or paper a towel. Going to the actual cooking, the Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian waffler maker has six temperature settings offering you a wide range of choices of how you like your waffles, whether dark and crispy, or soft and fluffy. Even better is the fact that this product comes with an audible alert that informs you when your wafles have finished cooking. The waffle makers brushed stainless steel cover makes this kitchen appliance look stunning in any kitchen.
So, here we have our two excellent waffle makers found at Amazon.com but just like with any other product, each of these kitchen appliances has its pros and cons. So, the best way to establish which between the two is superior to the other, we highlight the ups and downs of each of these two waffle makers and let the facts speak for themselves. Let’s start with the BLACK+Decker wmd200B Double Flip Waffle Maker
• Its nonstick waffle grids are easy to clean
• The drip channel collect does a fantastic job ensuring there no more messy drips thus making it even easier to maintain hygiene in your kitchen.
• BLACK+Decker wmd200B Double Flip Waffle Maker heats up quickly so you can make your waffles in only 5 minutes
• The digital timer is another big plus; it tells you when your waffles are ready.
• This waffle has a small footprint which makes it easy to store in your kitchen cabinet
• Gives a pretty even bake
• As good as it is the BLACK + Decker wmd200B Double Flip Waffle Maker has no temperature control feature.
• This waffle maker does not have removable plates so this might pose a challenge when it comes to giving them a thorough cleaning.
• Unlike the BLACK+Decker wmd200B which can only be used to make waffles, the Cuisinart WAF-300 allows you to prepare both waffles and pancakes.
• The pancake grill can be used Toasties, Grilled Cheese or Panini sandwiches though you will miss the traditional grill-marks on your Panini, the taste will remain a good as ever.
• The grids plates of this waffle maker are both removable and totally dishwasher safe making clean up easy and convenient
• Interestingly the pancake slots can be used to quickly cook eggs for your breakfast sandwiches adding to the versatility of this waffle.
• The bottom of the waffle maker is actually angled inwards; this comes in handy just in case you accidentally make it overflow with batter. The batter will drip onto the counter top instead of baking unexpectedly onto the outside of the waffle
• The beep that the waffler makes once the waffles are ready is loud enough to be heard over any weekend (and weekday) morning noises in your kitchen
• The waffler misses rubber leg covers, this might leave your counter vulnerable to scratches
• If you love something that feels heavy and sturdy, this waffler might disappoint you on that note, some users think it is flimsy and lightweight. However, this is really a matter of taste and preference.
Having looked at the differences in these two waffle makers, it is obvious that both do fantastic jobs. If you just want a waffle maker exclusive for just waffles with the rotate design to give you even, perfect results, the BLACK+DECKER WMD200B Double Flip Waffle Maker will give great service.
However, if you want a waffle maker that is versatile enough to allow you to make Pancake, Toasties, Grilled Cheese or Panini sandwiches and one that has a beeper to alert you when your yummy meals are ready Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker is the best option for you. As earlier mentioned, whichever waffle maker you opt for, you should shop at Amazon.com. Make your order today and enjoy the best of waffle maker at an affordable price.
The Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker is available at Amazon.com for $73.82 with free shipping.
The BLACK+DECKER WMD200B Double Flip Waffle Maker is currently available at Amazon.co with a saving of 30% on the regular price, and can be purchased for just $34.76.