Waffles are something that undeniably one of the best foods in the world – you just can’t refute that! They are perfect for a delicious breakfast or frankly, for any other meal of the day. All you need to do is add some syrup, maybe some fruit, a dash of cinnamon, and you have an amazing treat right in front of you. However, you might not know just how to make a waffle and what kind of waffle maker is going to be best for you.
That’s where this article is going to come into play. We’re going to take you through the pros and cons of the Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker that’s available on Amazon. Keep reading to learn more about this waffle maker and decide for yourself whether this is the best waffle maker for you!
Here are the pros:
So Many Features
One of the main pros that come along with using this specific waffle maker is the fact that there are so many features involved in the product. This means that you should be able to get your perfect waffle every time, or so is promoted by Cuisinart. Check out the features below:
– Control for Browning: There are numerous settings (five in total) on this waffle maker, which allows you to change the temperature. You can get your waffles from light brown to dark brown, depending on your personal preferences.
– Indicator Lights: You will be able to tell exactly when your waffles are done with indicator lights. The lights will turn off and on whenever your waffle is ready to go.
– Weighted Lid: This means that the lid is going to stay down on the waffle as it rises during the baking process.
– Rubber Underpinning: The rubber bottom of this waffle maker will ensure that no marks are left on your counter and will stay in place.
– Cord Storage: You won’t have to worry about a gross cord hanging out with a cord storage attachment on the waffle maker.
Cleaning is Easy
Another great pro to keep in mind when it comes to this waffle maker is the fact that cleaning is super easy. When you finish with your waffle-making, just unplug the maker and wait for it to cool down a bit. All you have to do is brush away the crumbs through the grooves of the unit and wipe down with a damp paper towel or cloth. Before you know it, you’ll have a clean waffle maker that’s ready to use again.
Here are some customer reviews:
– “Regular waffle makers are harder to find than Belgian ones and I prefer regular waffles. I recommend this easy to use and clean waffle maker.”
– “I also bought an “OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush” (small) and it works perfect for brushing out any crumbs from the grooves, as it has different length bristles that get in all the cracks and crevices. Plus it’s super easy to clean.”
The last pro to remember about this device is that it’s pretty easy to store. All you have to do is wrap the cord around the unit after you’ve finished with baking and cleaning. Then, you can store the waffle maker wherever you have space!
Here are a couple reviews that attest to this:
– “Easy wipe clean and practical upright storage means it takes little space in the cupboard. Definitely worth it. Have to say I have yet to find fault in Cuisinart product.”
– “This waffle maker isn’t too big and stands up for storage, which is really nice.”
Quality of the Build
The first con to speak of is the quality of the build of the waffle maker. It’s been noted from several reviews on Amazon that some of the pieces of the unit can come off after extended periods of time. This is obviously an issue that you are going to have to think about before you purchase this product. Here are a couple of the reviews that noted this potential con:
-“Love this non-stick waffle maker…the only thing I don’t like much, but doesn’t affect its performance is the sliding lever. It’s a little wobbly, so make it look cheap…After I wrote this review the handles came off. Difficult to fix. The sliding lever is not reliable either.”
– “The hinge has so much play in it that it can be closed without the grids meshing. The base under the unit is so narrow it poses a tripping hazard.”
Unevenness of Temperature
There have been some reports in the Amazon community that this waffle maker from Cuisinart doesn’t evenly heat the pancakes. They either come out with a burnt bottom, a burnt top, or even didn’t cook through all of the ways the first time. This is something to definitely keep in mind as you want to ensure you’re eating waffles that are fully cooked! Here are some reviews that show this con:
– “This waffle iron worked great when I first got it. The waffles cooked very quickly and were nice and crispy. Unfortunately, after four months it started heating unevenly, burning the tops before they were cooked through. Also, the handle came off, possibly from being overheated by the top plate. I only make waffles once or twice a month, so I’ve only used about six times.”
– “The temperature could not control. You could not tell if you were at 3 or 4 or what it was and when the light turned from red to green and waffle should have been dining it was not cooked thru at all.”
– “…we are disappointed that the waffles do not bake evenly like they should. If you want them on the crisp side, the outer ring around the waffle gets very brown and the center portion is light brown. Very uneven cooking.”
Even though there are some noteworthy cons about this waffle maker, the reviews are in and this is probably one of the best choices you can make if you want to make some great waffles! The pros definitely outweigh the cons here and you can just go look on Amazon for yourself if you don’t believe us.
Of course, while you’re checking out the rest of the reviews, be sure to go ahead and add this waffle maker to your checkout basket on Amazon. You’re definitely not going to regret getting this one into your kitchen.
Head over to Amazon.com where you can buy the Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker for a great price of just $25.9.